Sunday, March 21, 2010

More Vintage Country Living pictures

I've slowly been going through these old magazines - so many neat ideas. Some pictures would be great to show on this blog but they don't scan very well because they are on the fold. Anyway here is a sampling of what was great over 20 years ago and would still be great today (just minor tweaking here and there). I am bundling these magazines up 2 for a $1.00 and taking them to the Girl's Back Porch as I finish them if anyone around here is interested.
These pictures are from January 1985 - love the stairs with the stitcheries and crocks.



These pictures are from January 1986 - I love all of the wooden ware. 24 years later and everything here is still collectable.
This kitchen is from January 1986 as well. I really like the cabinets. 



These are from April 1986 - love the penny rug.


April 1986 - love love love the star hooked rug!

6 comments:

Shari said...

I love the pictures you posted. They could just as well be taken in 2010. Don't you wonder what makes some things timeless and some things just trendy?

Shari

The Crafty Crow said...

I agree Shari, I believe that primitives truly come from a time when life was so simple, simplicity in itself will always remain timeless. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
~Ronda~

Engelhouse said...

It's so much fun going through these old magazines and getting ideas. I wish I could share the pictures on the folds - oh well.
emily

Kimberly said...

I love the pictures you posted in fact I remember some of them from 20 years ago. Boy, do I feel old. I think it shows that the things we love will still be popular in another 20.
Kimberly

Christine said...

Wow- I love every one of those! It IS amazing that those were from so long ago- they look just like the pics we are all looking for and drooling over today! Thanks for sharing :-)

Homespun Hugs and Calico Kisses said...

Sorry for drooling on your blog ... but it's your fault for posting the yummy pictures! Thanks for sharing!
♥ Vicki

Amazon Contextual Product Ads

Ebay Auctions